Oct 16, 2010

4.0 and some lessons learned

It's been an eventful few weeks. 4.0 patch and the arrival of my second son. Hence I've had little time to even log into wow >.<. Although delightful as it is to have a new baby, it's also very stressful and since I neither drink nor smoke nor do drugs my only source of stress relief is kicking butt in wow :)

In those rare moments when I can actually sit down at the pc and read something for more than 3 seconds, I've found these posts to be the most informative for my tankadin as they are concise and without epeen:

4.0 Tankadin FAQ
4.0 Talent Spec & Glyph guide

Macro wise empty parms in castsequence are no longer supported so /click + /castsequence doesn't appear to be as alluring as it once was. I only switched to /click + /castsequence in the last year so it's not much of a drama for me. I've been spending time at the training dummy fine tuning new macros which are not so surprisingly similar to my pre click ones but are now called by /click

Pally:
maintankadin assures me that I need two rotations, one for single target and the other aoe. I've come up with a /click approach utilising a castsequence and direct casting of spells which appears to work very well (on the target dummies in org at any rate). It appears that /click and macros are able to not get stuck on a spell that's on cooldown when called from /cast or /click. They just fallthrough which is great for picking up procs like the tankadin instant AS.

My single target setup
this is the click macro
/click MultiBarLeftButton1
/click MultiBarLeftButton3
/click MultiBarLeftButton4
/click MultiBarLeftButton5

on MultiBarLeftButton1 I have this /castsequence macro
/startattack

/castsequence reset=combat Judgement, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous, Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous

MultiBarLeftButton3 has Avenger's Shield
MultiBarLeftButton4 has Holy Wrath
MultiBarLeftButton5 has Consecration

For AOE the click macro is
/click MultiBarLeftButton2
/click MultiBarLeftButton3
/click MultiBarLeftButton4
/click MultiBarLeftButton5

On MultiBarLeftButton2 I have this macro
/startattack
/castsequence reset=combat Judgement, Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of the Righteous

It's good to have Shield of the Righteous early on so that you get Holy Shield asap, otherwise you'll be too squishy:
that's it, so they both use the fall throughs and get all the procs. Nice.

Added a link to a blog I found the other day: Kate's adventures in multi-boxing. A really well written blog full of info, also means I never have to visit the dual boxing forums ever again and wade through all the epeen as Kate has distilled the good bits :P

Thanks Kate - you're a legend!

I'll talk about shammy macros when I get some time, I can hear the baby crying...Yawn.

No comments: